If dressing for the Holidays and shopping for your outfits are usually a challenge, a little preparation can make dressing for the parties a more joyful experience. If you have some flattering options prepared ahead of time, you’ll feel good when you get dressed and carry those positive feelings into the festivities.
- Prepare your outfits ahead of time so you feel good when you’re getting dressed…this sets the tone for the rest of the event. Last minute dressing drama can sour the whole evening.
- Make a list of holiday events you’ll be attending: office parties, professional organization meetings, casual parties with friends, decorating/present wrapping get-togethers, family gatherings, etc.
- Determine the dress codes for each event –
- Formal parties – formal or cocktail attire,
- Business/professional organization parties– business attire with a holiday flair (add up to 3 evening/party pieces – such as, jewelry, shoes, top/shirt, tie – to your usual business attire)
- Casual gatherings – jeans with a party flair (add up to 3 party/evening pieces – embellished or sexy top/shirt, shoes, and jewelry)
- Office/social pot luck – office attire with holiday trimmings (wear your usually office/casual attire and add some holiday pins, earrings, rings, tie, vest)
- Create outfits that are appropriate for the event and flatter your figure. This can take some time and experimentation, but the final result will be worth it. It’s okay to wear the same thing to more than one event, especially if you’ll be celebrating with different circles of people.