Styling a professional model takes creativity and a fashionable eye. Styling the rest of us takes even more skill.
Contestants will get:
- Sarah’s secrets for flattering different figures and making your models really shine
- Show off your styling skill in a fashion show
- Exposure to Houston fashion insiders
- Professional photos of your work
Who can apply?
- Professional and amateur stylists
- Fashion or accessory designers who want to showcase their pieces
- Boutiques who want to present their point-of-view
- Sabrina Miskelly, Producer, Mirror Mirror, Livewell Network
- Mattison Grey, MattisonGrey.com
- Sarah Gabbart, Fashion Writer, Houstonia Magazine (print and online)
- Cherise Luter, CEO, JAXON EP/Fashion & Beauty Writer, Houston Press
Ten stylists will be selected to compete. Applications will be accepted until June 20, 2014. For more info, call or email Sarah Shah at 617- five zero one-8055 or Sarah(at)SarahShah(dot)com.
Update (August 11.2014)
The event was packed and the stylists presented their work to a sold-out crowd. Click here to meet the stylists, models and for other event info.
Where do we download the application from ? Where do we submit it?
Hi Shaundra, the first step is a phone conversation. Give me a call and I’ll give you all the details. Look forward to speaking with you!
I would love this opportunity! Sounds fun!
Awesome Arrica, give me a shout and I’ll give you all the details.
I would love to play!
Awesome Tammy! Give me a shout for all the details.
I was forwarded a flyer from a friend. I see the deadline was Friday, any chance of late registration?
Hi Joe, Thanks so much for your interest. Yes, the deadline was Friday. So sorry, all the spots are filled.
Will you be having any similar competition in the future? I would love to apply. I found out about this one too late.
Hi VichekaIm, Thanks so much for your interest! I don’t have another competition planned at this time. If I decide to do another one in the future, I’ll post it here on the blog under events or workshops. Cheers!