This segment will appear on Great Day Houston on July 13, 2013 on KHOU, Channel 11 Houston. I’ll post the video clip of the segment and model photos as soon as the segment airs. Here are the tips, viewer discounts, and info about all the items worn by the models.
Thank you Tweak Style Boutique for providing the clothing and accessories for the models’ looks and sponsoring this segment! Tweak has a special discount just for viewers – call or go into the store and say “Great Day Houston” on July 13 -14, 2012 and get 25% off your purchase!
The trend of mixing prints has been around for several seasons and will continue through Winter 2013, and beyond. You can see this trend on runways, celebrities and around town.
Mondo Guerra, winner of Project Runway All Stars, is the master of mixing prints!
Making this trend work is a very advanced Fashion skill. Once you know the rules of how to mix prints, it’s pretty easy to do it yourself. Here are the three steps to mixing prints:
#1 Mix prints that have the same color pallet and the same color undertone.
#2 Mix patterns of different sizes.
#3 Mix prints with different patterns i.e. floral, stripe, tweed, plaid, polka dot, chevrons, etc.
Here are some examples of outfits we made using these rules.
Mixing prints for beginners (far right) – Let the designer do the work for you. Buy a piece of clothing with the prints premixed for you. Model Paige (Paige McCauley, owner of Tweak Style Boutique) is wearing…
- Custo Barcelona Tex Tunic ($92)
- AG white premier skinny straight jeans ($164)
- Pewter teardrop chandelier earrings ($27)
Easy way to mix prints (second to the right) – wear a solid outfit with accessories in different subtle textures and prints. Model Taylor (Taylor Brione, Fashion Blogger) is wearing…
- TART green Georgia dress and belt, ($120)
- Gypsy Earrings ($200)
- Deux Lux ecru woven leather clutch ($65)
- Milano & Francessca Couture leopard print fur and leather belt ($400)
Advanced approach (second to the left) – Mix graphic prints and textures in single primary colors. Model Shauna (Shauna Wang, Fashion Blogger) is wearing…
- Six degrees licorice floral tunic $104,
- Hudson cherry leopard crop super skinny jeans $180
- Licorice strip gauze scarf $25
- LODIS toffee leather exaggerated buckle belt $38
Mix Master (far left) – If you’re really adventurous, mix intricate multi-color patterns. Repeat several pops of color through the outfit to make it cohesive. Here, Green, orange, and tan are the colors that run through the outfit. Model Miriam is wearing …
- Custo Barcelona “betank magnets” tank ($32.50)
- Custo Barcelona “deni green” herringbone shorts ($80)
- Milano & Francesca Couture python and leather thong sandals ($160)
- Serefina single feather earring ($48)
- White turquoise stretch bracelet ($15)