This TV segment began airing on Mirror/Mirror on the LivewellHD network in January 2010 in 11 cities (NY, LA, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, Fresno, Raleigh/Durham, Flint, and Toledo). Most recently, it aired as part of the “Best Of” episode on January 30, 2011. To watch the story, click on the video below
The wrap cardigan is the most versatile piece of the season. It works 7 days a week and can take you from day to night, work to weekend, and business meeting to casual Friday. All it takes is a little creativity.
This style of sweater is flattering for lots of body types because you can just choose the wrapping styles that flatter your figure. The sweaters come in lots of colors, fabrics, price points and makers, so you can find one that’s perfect for you. The cardigans shown in the segment are from DKNY.
Here are some easy ways to wrap the sweater
1. Plain and long – just wear the sweater open with the tails hanging straight down
2. Plain and long with a belt – just wear the sweater open with the tails hanging straight down with a belt around your waist
3. Plain and long with a knot – tie a small knot in the side of the tails to pull the sweater in and define your waist
4. Plain and short – tie the tails together with a small knot and place the knot around the back of your neck
Here are some other ways to wrap the sweater (watch the video to see these options demonstrated…they’ll make more sense when you see them)
5. Cowl-neck – prepare the sweater as in #4. Before you slip the knot behind your neck, twist the knotted ends once and slip your neck through the loop that’s formed by the twist. The twist will create a cowl-effect.
5. Twisty cowl-neck – prepare the sweater as in #5, but twist 3 – 5 times to slim the sweater so it shows off your figure.
6. Cross-over with tie in front
7. Short jacket
8. Cross-over dress
9. Cross over dress with bangle
10. Backwards off-the-shoulder
11. Cold shoulder
For even more ways to wrap it, check out more videos at http://dkny.donnakaran.com/women/ways-to-wear-a-cozy-videos/