Fashion’s Night Out is a global initiative, first created by Vogue Editor-In-Chief Anna Wintour and The Council of Fashion Designers of America in 2009 to encourage consumers to support the fashion industry and shop in the down economy. Retailers, fashion designers and entertainers collaborated to create fashion shows, in-store events, discounts and give-aways to celebrate. The event has flourished. Last year Fashion’s Night Out expanding to 18 countries globally and more than 4,500 events in the US…including Houston.
Houston FNO Event List
Fashion’s Night Out 2012 is September 6, 2012. I haven’t seen a comprehensive list of all the events in Houston…so I’ve created one. I’ll keep updating this list as more events are scheduled and announced. If you’ve got an event or hear of one that’s not listed below, please add it in the comments or email me with info so it can be added.
Rice Village Shop Crawl
- DAO Chloe DAO – 6127 Kirby Dr. Gift with $100 purchase. Valued up to $25.
- Elaine Turner – 2439 University Blvd. Gift with Purchase – Free gift with purchase of a full price item. A raffle for an Ali bag will be held (tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20). Proceeds benefit Amschwand /Stehlin Foundation.
- Joseph Keith Jewelry – 2439 Times Blvd. 20% Off Entire Store – Free SWAG Bag w/ $75 purchase. Value up to $30 – Debuting the JK Coin and Form Collection
- Langford Market – 2517 University Blvd. Raffle for $200 gift card.
- Premium Goods – 2416 Times Blvd. Take 15% off the entire shop.
- Myth & Symbol – 2537 Times Blvd. Free BAGGU gift with $100 purchase.
- Soho – 2528 Amherst St. 20% off store wide excluding sale
- The Classroom – 2534 Amherst St. 15% Off entire shop
The Shops of West Ave in River Oaks have teamed up with CultureMap to present Fashion on the Ave. The event features celebrity hosts Clifford Pugh and Heather Staible of Culture Map and celebrity models on the Runway. 2800 Kirby, 7 – 10 pm. For more info visit their Facebook page. Here’s the schedule:
7:00pm – Exclusive Cocktail Reception at Tootsies
8:30pm – Fashion on the Avenue: Runway by Tootsies + West Ave Boutiques
9:00pm – Fashion Block Party featuring:
- Designer appearance by jewelry designer Shelly Kidney of BuJu
- Funky Fresh DJ and Entertainment
- In-store steals and gifts with purchase
- Fashion photo shoots
- Mini makeovers
- Lite bites and cool cocktails
Houston Galleria Mall
Most stores inside the Galleria mall will be offering something for FNO – champagne, lite bites, complimentary makeovers, discounts and more. For more Galleria FNO events, check out Joy Sewing’s event list.
Simon Fashion Now, Galleria I Ice Rink, 9 pm
Invitation-only runway fashion show presented by Cadillac. Men and women fashions ranging from casual weekend wear and stylish outfits for the office, to show-stopping looks for a night on the town. Public viewing of the runway show will be available from the common areas.
Friday 9/7, Simon Fashion Now Trends & Friends Night, Galleria I, 5 -9 pm
- Runway Shows at ICE at 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m (free and open to the public). Seating is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Retailer product displays and demonstrations,
- interactive style closets and
- tasty fare from Raising Cane’s, White Oak Kitchen, Drinks and Daily Grill
- live entertainment
- 6 pm – Design Wars – an interactive fashion design competition featuring student teams from Art Institute of Houston. The public is invited to watch the competition and cheer the students on as they debut and discuss the fabulous inspired looks they create. Winning team receives $500 in Simon American Express Giftcards.
- 7 pm – Ready, Set, Style!, an interactive styling competition. Participantscompete for a chance to win a Simon American Express Giftcard.
Saturday, 9/8 Simon Fashion Now Style Stops, noon to 5 pm
Style Stops hosted by Galleria retailers Bare Escentuals, Trade Secret and Sephora, offer interactive demonstrations of beauty and style trends.
The ShopGirl’s Style Lounge, Outside Louis Vutton, Galleria I
Join Houston Chronicle’s Style Editor Joy Sewing for The ShopGirl’s Style Lounge: fashion, shopping, cocktails, music and fun. (Joy’s blog is Dress Like You’re In Love) More info and updates on Facebook.
- Complimentary lashes by Edward Sanchez Vanity Lounge.
- Fashions by local fashion stars, including Chloe Dao, Sameera Faridi, Gayla Bentley and others.
- Preview the Chronicle’s new Style section, coming in November
- Live DJ, wine and cupcakes by SweetBatter
Note: See the Sunday, Sept. 2, edition of the Chronicle for Joy’s ShopGirl guide to Fashion’s Night Out events across the city.
Macy’s at Hidalgo, Galleria III, 5135 W. Alabama, 2nd Floor, 5:30 pm
- Fall Fashion with local design students featured in the Little Black Dress Designer fashion competition!
- Relax in the lounge & enjoy a Bubbly Bar and lite bites
- Strike a Vogue-pose in the interactive Photo Booth!
- Go red at the Beauty Nail Bar and take away a special gift*!
- Cosmetic makeovers and special gifts with purchase at beauty counters
- Enjoy informal modeling looks while our DJ spins the top tracks!
Niemann Marcus, Galleria I, 6 – 8 pm
Niemann Marcus teams up with the Houston Fine Art Fair for an evening of fashion, beauty and art.
- 7 pm – Fall trend presentation with special appearance by designer Catherine Deane,.
- Art installations throughout the store from Houston Fine Art Fair
- Campfire couture: Nosh on custom gourmet s’mores in the Mariposa® restaurant on the 3rd floor
- Visit Cosmetics on the 1st floor for mini-makeovers, nail art, concealer consultation & a braid bar
To RSVP, call 713.621.7100, ext. 2294 or email RSVPHouston@NeimanMarcus.com
Market Street, The Woodlands
Market Street, 9595 Six Pines Drive, The Woodlands, 6 – 10 pm
- Preview the latest fall styles at in-store fashion shows every 30 mins
- Swag bags (while supplies last)
- Makeup application and hair styling demonstrations, fashion tips from the pros and other interactive activities at each retail location
- Fashionable cocktails and delectable bites from Market Street restaurants including Jasper’s, CRÚ, Tommy Bahama Café and 1252 Tapas Bar
The Woodlands Mall
The Woodlands Mall, I-45 north at Lake Woodlands Drive, 6 to 10 p.m
The Woodlands Mall will host a full runway show in Center Court featuring the latest fall fashions and holiday collections of retailers throughout The Woodlands Mall.
- First 150 guests to take their seats at the show will receive SWAG bags filled with souvenirs, coupons and gifts, including a copy of the latest edition of reviewit Magazine, a glossy print/online magazine chronicling beauty, business, dining, entertainment, fashion, interior design, jewelry, philanthropy and society buzz in The Woodlands, Conroe and Spring.
- The first 150 shoppers who spend $100 at the event and present receipts to Guest Services on the upper level will receive gifts including a China Glaze manicure set with the company’s newest shade of nail lacquer.
Other events will be hosted by retail locations within the mall. For directions and a list of retailers and restaurants, visit thewoodlandsmall.com or call (281) 363-3409.